In relation to the incident near Albany (original Report Sunday)
- About 1:50pm Sunday afternoon Police were called to Cheynes
Beach (about 50km east of Albany) in relation to a 15 year old boy who had
become unresponsive in the water.
- At first he had not resurfaced, but his body was then
seen floating in the water.
- He was taken to shore where CPR was administered for
about 45 minutes, however tragically he was unable to be revived.
- Due to the location of the incident a specialist rescue
team from the State Emergency Service (volunteers from Albany) is assisting to
recover the boy’s body, however their efforts are being hampered by bad weather
- The boy was at the beach with his family.
- A report will be prepared for the Coroner.
This Morning SES Volunteers from the Albany SES Unit will recovery the body