DFES Review of Catering Arrangements
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) is currently in the process of conducting a review of the existing catering arrangements that are used during DFES operational emergency incidents.
A key focus of the review process will be to identify what the capability requirements are for the provision of catering services during emergency incidents including;
- Level and standard of food and beverages to be provided during Level 1, 2 and 3 incidents
- Identifying what types of catering will meet climatic conditions, health and dietary requirements (i.e. gluten free, vegetarian, diabetic etc.)
- Catering services capability including delivery times and methods
- Food safety and food hygiene
- Food storage and transport
- Portable water and hydration requirements
- Personal hygiene (hand washing etc.)
The project will also involve the development of a new set of operational catering guidelines, policies and procedures for the provision of catering during DFES operational emergency incidents. In order to assist with the catering review project, DFES is asking as many operational staff and Volunteers as possible to fill out an online monkey Survey. Please see the link below or go via the Volunteer Portal.