The following alert has been issued by Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA.
Time of issue: 04:57 PM
Date of issue: 23 August 2019
Smoke Alert for west of the Great Northern Highway and Camballin Road intersection in the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley
- A Smoke Alert has been issued for people in the vicinity of the Great Northern Highway and Camballin Road intersection in the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley.
- The smoke is the result of a bushfire burning in the area.
- The smoke is expected to clear over the coming days.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued unless the situation changes.