The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Time of issue: 08:05 AM
Date of issue: 22 October 2018
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for southern part of NARRIKUP in the SHIRE OF PLANTAGENET
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people travelling along Albany Highway, near Chorkerup Road, in the southern part of NARRIKUP in the SHIRE OF PLANTAGENET.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Plantagenet.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- The fire was reported at 04:47 PM on 21 October 2018.
- The Shire of Plantagenet is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.