The following alert has been issued by the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 11:34 AM
Date of issue: 16 August 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for western side of King Leopold Ranges in SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on Gibb River Road in the vicinity of the western part of King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started in the western part of the King Leopold Ranges Conservation Park.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- It is uncontained and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 07:12 AM on 15 August 2018 and currently there has been 250 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is suspicious.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.