Queens Birthday Honours 2015 – The following fire and emergency service people were recipients of Australian Honours for this week’s 2015 Queens Birthday Honours.
AUSTRALIAN FIRE SERVICE MEDAL (AFSM)_ Western Australia
- Mr John Brian KOWAL, Bunbury WA 6230 Mr Kowal commenced his service with the Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service (VFRS) in 1982 and, since then, his focus has been on engagement with youth, encouraging them to commit to their communities and become involved within the fire service volunteer fraternity.
- Mr Keith Campbell LOW, Thornlie WA 6108 Mr Low’s career in fire management began as a fire research officer with the Forests Department in Manjimup, Western Australia, focusing on fire and associated research related to fire protection of young Karri regrowth. Mr Low’s proficiency has been developed, not only through training and the experience of doing, but through a commitment to taking responsibility for delivering best practice and leadership in incident management.
- Mr Murray Donald McBRIDE, Toodyay WA 6566 Mr McBride contributions to the Shire of Toodyay Bush Fire Service, has been instrumental in developing and influencing the brigade’s readiness capabilities and professionalism.
- Mr Stephen John POPE, Ballajura WA 6066 During his lengthy career Mr Pope has inspired and mentored numerous fire fighters, encouraging them to reach their full potential within the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES).
- Mr Leonard John SIMMONS, Kalbarri WA 6536 Mr Simmons stands out above others due to his 24 year commitment to the Kalbarri Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service (VFRS) and Kalbarri community with dedicated service and his leadership, encouragement of others, and has fostered strong relationships between the fire service and the community.
EMERGENCY SERVICES MEDAL (ESM)_ Western Australia
- Mrs Johanna Margaretha LUCAS, Goode Beach WA 6330 Mrs Lucas has been a highly valued member of the Albany Surf Life Club. She has been inspirational in her efforts around the club and is actively involved in the full spectrum of activities, ranging from Patrol Captain for several seasons, (2006-2015), coach trainer, competitor and assisting with social events, fundraisers and competitions.
More information can be found on: http://www.gg.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/honours/qb/qb2015/sinvhop…