ATTENTION ALL SES UNIT MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS
SESVA Secretary Retirement & Expressions of Interest
Hello to you,
I trust you have had a safe and restful Easter.
I write to you to advise the Association’s Secretary, Mr Lin Booth, has retired after the best part of 10 Years servicing our SES Units and members.
One thing guaranteed in our current time is the Association Management Committee will miss Lin’s high-level commitment and advocacy skills which produced countless positive outcomes. Like all good administrators, Lin worked quietly and tirelessly in the background ensuring the back of house was kept in good order. Lin’s considerable skills were not limited to back of house operations, he also had a leadership role in many Committees and working groups with DFES.
The great thing is Lin will remain on many groups to continue his Orange Family commitment, but will be able to devote more time to pursue his passion to travel extensively with his wife Wendy. We wish Wendy and Lin the very best.
So why do I write to you? With Lin retired the Association is seeking expressions of interest from SES members to be nominated and considered for the job of SES Volunteers Association Secretary.
Please circulate this Association President’s note to allow as many people as possible the opportunity to further serve the SES Volunteers in this capacity.
In the first instance, I offer my mobile and email as a primary point of contact:
Greg Mobile: 0418 403 960
Greg Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call or email to discuss the Secretary role so we can all proceed open eyed and understand that this is an Association Management Committee appointment.
The role description as written in the Association Constitution:
The Secretary shall:
- Deal with the Association’s correspondence;
- Consult with the President regarding the business to be conducted at each meeting;
- Prepare the notices required for meetings and for the business to be conducted at meetings;
- Maintain an up-to-date copy of the Association’s Constitution and By-Laws;
- Maintain an up-to-date register of members;
- Record and maintain minutes of all committee and executive council meetings;
- Maintain the Association’s record of committee members and other persons authorised to act on behalf of the Association with their nominated personal, business or email address;
- Ensure the safe custody of the Association’s books other than the financial records, financial statements and financial reports, as applicable to the Association; and
- Perform such other duties as are imposed by this Constitution on the Secretary.
I personally thank you for your assistance and for the service to our communities, not only in WA but across the borders.
SES Volunteers Association (Inc.)
Mob: 0418 403 960 or Email: email@example.com