Today Tuesday the 20th of February DFES Learning and Development Team will be providing information to emergency services volunteers about the Australian Institute of Disaster Resilience (AIDR) Volunteer Leadership Program.
Applications close on 15 March.
- Volunteers with registered emails will receive a special notification today advising them of the application process (see below).
- The Volunteer Hub has information regarding the application process.
- For those volunteers who don’t currently access the Volunteer Hub, local DFES Managers and Local Government Managers are available to assist with face-to-face support.
- If you have a Volunteer ID number, you will be able to access the Volunteer Hub.
- If you have questions, contact Christine West, Manager Academic Pathways.
- We thank you for your continued support of emergency services volunteers in WA.
The Volunteer Leadership Program provides an introduction to volunteer leadership and management in an emergency management context. It is attended by emergency services and not-for-profit volunteers who are involved in emergency response and recovery.
The program is a unique opportunity to network with like-minded people and build your capability as a leader in disaster resilience.
The Volunteer Leadership Program will be held in Perth from 1630 hours Friday 12 April to 1430 hours Sunday 14 April inclusive.
The costs of the residency program are covered by AIDR with DFES covering travel expenses for successful applicants.
The program will be run at the Ingot Hotel Perth, 285 Great Eastern Highway, Belmont.
We encourage emerging and new leaders to consider applying for this opportunity.
Applications will close with AIDR on Friday 15 March 2024.
If selected by the AIDR, your participation will be recognised by the Academy but will not be accredited. We encourage all brigade, group and unit leaders to promote this unique opportunity within your team.
If you have recently taken up your first leadership role or you have leadership aspirations, talk to your brigade, group or unit leader about applying.
- Applications are accepted online through the AIDR website.
- You’ll be required to download an endorsement form and have this completed by your brigade, group or unit leader.
- The endorsement form must be submitted with your online application before the closing date Friday 15 March 2024.
Details about the application process are provided on the DFES Volunteer Hub.
Volunteer Hub > Support > Training and Opportunities > Volunteer Leadership Program