WA Police and State Emergency Service volunteer search teams are continuing the search this afternoon. The search will continue for as long as the sunlight allows. Other aspects of the operation:
- Police Officers will remain in the search area overnight, and SES volunteers will be transported to their accommodation for a much needed rest period.
- Those search teams will head back to the search area tomorrow morning ready to start at first light
- The search crew on board the helicopter identified a number of mine shafts in the area, which will be subject to further searching.
- Nearby mining company, Norton Gold Fields Paddington Operations has provided a specialist Emergency Response Team to assist searching the identified mine shafts in the area (specialist rope rescue team).
- The Shire of Menzies is continuing to provide logistics support to the search and rescue operation.
- Local contractors are also providing assistance with specialised equipment.
- It is expected there will be a changeover some of the State Emergency Service volunteers (to manage fatigue risks), and it is likely the numbers will increase as search areas are identified.