Update:- Community Development and Justice Standing Committee___Inquiry into the recognition and adequacy of the responses by State Government agencies to experience of trauma by workers and volunteers arising from disasters.
The committee inquiry is still current. A visit to the parliamentary web site allows you to view submissions and transcripts of all evidence.
Members Conducting Inquiry are:
- Mr Anthony (Tony) Patrick O’Gorman MLA
- Mr Albert Paul Jacob MLA
- Ms Margaret Mary Quirk MLA
- Mr Ian Maxwell Britza MLA
- Hon. Thomas (Tom) Gregory Stephens MLA
- Dr David Worth (Principal Research Officer)
- Ms Jovita Hogan, BA (Hons). (Research Officer)
Web site: http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/parliament/commit.nsf/ (WebInquiries)/3F604499BABE187B482578FC002920E5?opendocument
It is disappointing that the evidence by our umbrella organisational representatives, being FESA and FESA Chaplin seem only to focus on one branch of the organisation, generally the career fire staff. Trauma support to volunteers barely cracks a mention. Even the career staff who appear to be getting most of the attention are feeling short changed.