The SES Volunteers Association (SESVA) is considering creating an SES Volunteers number plate as a service to its members. The purpose of the plates is to increase the recognition of the SES volunteers in WA. A picture of the suggested plate design is given below. Please note that a maximum of three digits is permitted by the Department of Transport.
A set of two plates will cost we estimate $170.00 (yet to be confirmed) which will cover the costs of the charges set by the Department of Transport and administration. Before the SESVA goes through the process of designing the plate and having it registered with Department of Transport we need to gauge your support for this project as a minimum number of plates are required before we can proceed.
The plate numbers will be issued on a first come basis. The plate numbers 000 to 20 (all combinations) have been reserved by the SESVA; all other numbers will be available being 21 to 999. When requesting a number between 20 and 99 applicants will have the choice of two or three digits format for example 22 or 022 (only one plate with this number will be issued).
If you are interested in owning your own SES plate and reserving your plate number simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Contact telephone number
- Postal address
- Email address
- Preferred number (??? SES)
- Second Preference (??? SES)
Once the SESVA has the required minimum number of plate’s applications we will commence the design and registration process and keep everyone informed via the website including a list of available numbers.
The SESVA will be the registered owner of the plate design and has to apply to the Department to Transport for the plate issue. All applications for the plates must be made through the SESVA; Individual applications for this special plate’s series to the Department of Transport will not be accepted.
The application process (not yet in place) will be very simple and will involve:
- The SES Volunteer interested in applying for the plates, will need to check the SESVA website to confirm if the desired number is available, download the application form, complete the form and mail to the SESVA with payment (cheque or EFT).
- The Association will issue you with a receipt and process your application and send it to the Department of Transport.
- The Department of Transport will contact you when the plates are ready to be collected from the Licensing Centre nominated by you. This usually takes an average of 2 to 3 weeks.