Please find attached details regarding a meeting to be conducted by DFES in Kalgoorlie.
The meeting is to provide ALL interested Emergency Services VOLUNTEERS with an overview of the Amalgamated Legislation Project and to give attendees an opportunity to provide feedback directly to the Project Working Group.
If you are an SES, BFB, VES, VFS, VFRS, VMR Volunteer, you are invited to attend:
Kalgoorlie Fire and Rescue Service
Lot 995 Hare Street Kalgoorlie
Tuesday 12th February 2013
6.30 – 8.00pm
Light supper provided
As you may be aware, DFES is progressing a project to amalgamate the:
- Bush Fires Act 1954 http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_106_homep...
- Fire Brigades Act 1942 http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_340_homep...
- Fire and Emergency Services Act 1998 http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_337_homep...
It is important for you, as a key stakeholder of these 3 Acts, to have your say on what is working now, what isn’t, what needs to be included, what should be removed etc etc.
- Are the rights and needs of Volunteers adequately reflected in the current legislation?
- What are the NON NEGOTIABLES for you as a Volunteer or as a COMMUNITY member?
- What can be added, amended and/or removed to improve services to the COMMUNITY?
“this is your chance to have your say – it may be another 50 years before the next opportunity” Your attendance would be greatly appreciated.
Additional meetings are being conducted across the State as follows:
Margaret River – Thursday 14th February 2013
Broome – Wednesday, 20th February 2013
Kununurra – Thursday, 21st February 2013
Karratha – Monday, 25th February 2013
Port Hedland – Tuesday, 26th February 2013
Geraldton – Tuesday, 5th March 2013
Northam – Wednesday, 6th March 2013
Bunbury – Monday, 11th March 2013