Title:Local Manager – DFES State Emergency Service
Location:Clavering Road Bayswater
Position No:Bayswater State Emergency Service Unit
Expressions of interest are invited from interested personnel wishing to be considered for this wonderful opportunity.
About the role:
The LM is responsible to DFES and the relevant Local Government(s) (LG) for the efficient and effective management of the Unit. The LM is also encouraged to become a member of the Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC) to contribute to the development of local emergency management arrangements, the development of and participation in exercises and general emergency management awareness campaigns for the community.
As the Local Manager for the Bayswater SES unit, you will be responsible for -
- Manages the functions of the State Emergency Service Unit.
- Prepares the Unit Development plan, including personal development of members.
- Manages assets, financial, human and technological resources of the Unit.
- Ensures Unit compliance with DFES Policies and Doctrine.
- Mentors members in other leadership roles and identifies succession planning opportunities.
- Examines opportunities for development of the Unit through innovation.
- Participates in regional management and development forums.
- Ensures the effective direction of Unit resources during operations.
- Maintains liaison with the Local Emergency Coordinator and other relevant services.
- Informs the DFES COMCEN, Regional Duty Coordinator or the On-Call DO, as appropriate, of Unit activations and forwards Situation Reports as required.
- Ensures Incident Reports are completed / submitted.
- Approves Unit Training Program.
- Approves Unit Exercise Schedule.
- Participates as a member of the Local Emergency Management Committee (LEMC).
- Advises on Unit operational capability as a part of the planning process.
- Oversees community awareness and preparation for Hazard Management Agency roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures Non-Operational Activity Reports are completed / submitted.
- Forwards a Unit quarterly report and an annual report to LG as required.
- Develops annual budget submission in consultation with LG and DO.
- Ensures preparation of annual stock take of all equipment & consumables.
- Ensures the preparation of asset register annually.
- Oversees Unit administration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and influence stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing policies, practices and procedures.
- Completion of, or working toward, Unit Management Pathway.
- Knowledge of the Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
- Broad knowledge of the State Emergency Service and its role.
- Completion of the State Emergency Service LMs Course.
- Completion of Introduction to AIIMS or AIIMS 2017
- Completion of, or working toward, formal emergency management training.
- Endorsed as a Level 1 Incident Controller.
- Level 2 Operations Officer or working towards the qualification.
- Experience in managing a Volunteer organisation.
To apply for this position please forward
1.A maximum of 2 pages addressing the selection criteria;
2.A recent copy of your current CV; and
3.The names of two referees who can attest to your suitability to this role.
This opportunity is open to volunteers and external applicants. You are encouraged to pass the details of this vacancy on to people who may be interested in applying.
Please email your application to: DOnorthcoastalses@dfes.wa.gov.au including your name in the subject line.
Close Date:4.00pm 20 June 2020
Note: Applications received after the closing date and verbal expressions of interest will NOT be accepted
For further information about the position contact District Officer Graham Sears 0427005109 or firstname.lastname@example.org