Kalbarri SES September 2017 report:
Operations attended in August 2017:
For the first time this year, Kalbarri SES attended no call outs for the month during August.
Volunteers were placed on standby to assist in searching for a missing rock fisherman at Quabba, north of Carnarvon, however we were not required.
Kalbarri SES volunteers have attended the following training courses over the last month:
Midwest-Gascoyne Regional Exercise:
SES units in the Midwest-Gascoyne Region gathered at Murchison House Station on Friday August 4th to partake in the annual regional exercise. Over the weekend over 30 volunteers attended including 8 from the Kalbarri Unit. Kalbarri Police OIC, Sergeant Norm GILL also attended to observe how the local SES units operate and join in the exercises.
Activities completed included:
- Setting up a command centre and support base
- Erecting a mobile Clark Mast and establishing a radio network
- Conducting a vehicle and foot search over a large area for a scenario involving a missing off road motorcyclist
- Rope rescue of a simulated cliff fall casualty
- Rope rescue of a simulated casualty trapped in a well
- Off road driving and navigation skills
As well as carrying out various scenarios this event also enabled volunteers to develop contingencies for providing food and camping facilities in a remote location.
The exercise was a great success and our thanks go to Murchison House Station for their continuing support of SES activities.
Kalbarri SES Volunteers training
Kalbarri SES Volunteers Training