Duties of Mounted Section
Volunteers undertake various roles according to their abilities, interests, and what they are comfortable with. The roles of an SES volunteer are diverse and include activities such as
- To search for missing persons or objects
- To rescue and retrieve missing persons or objects where possible
- To manage the Animal Evacuation responsibilities as part of the Animal Rescue Group
- To provide support to the Metro Operations Centre during storms, cyclones, floods, earthquakes and tsunamis.
- To provide support to FESA’s Air Intelligence Helicopter
- To assist and advise other units in horse related rescues
- To promote the image of the WA SES through public relations events
- To prevent emergency situations occurring through public education
- To assist in the preparation for emergencies
- To attend various functions in accordance with our commitment to corporate sponsors
- To maintain our skills at a high level through regular and challenging training sessions
- To raise funds for our operational expenses
Duties of Ground Crew
- Support members undertake non-operational roles in areas such as welfare and communications.