The following alert has been issued by the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 09:15 AM
Date of issue: 08 June 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for Goomig Conservation Park, north of Kununurra in SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Weaber Plain Road near Cave Spring Road near Goomig Conservation park, north of Kununurra.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started along Weaber Plain Road along Goomig Conservation Park
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving slowly.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF WYNDHAM-EAST KIMBERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.