The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes throughout the alert
Time of issue: 10:47 AM
Date of issue: 30 January 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for Coolgardie-Esperance Highway in NORSEMAN in the SHIRE OF DUNDAS
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people travelling along Coolgardie-Esperance Highway near Mount Thirsty in NORSEMAN in the SHIRE OF DUNDAS.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF DUNDAS.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 09:40 AM on 24 January 2019.
- Currently there has been approximately 2,000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.