The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under the what firefighters are doing section
Time of issue: 10:17 AM
Date of issue: 19 January 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for Parmango Road in BURAMINYA in SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on Parmango Road between Fisheries Road and Balladonia Roadhouse in BURAMINYA in SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near Parmango Road in BURAMINYA.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Parmango/Balladonia Road is closed from the end of farming land to Eyre Highway
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 11:30 AM on 13 January 2019.
- Currently there has been 9000 hectares burnt.
- Shire of Esperance is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.