The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 04:03 PM
Date of issue: 07 March 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for western parts of NORSEMAN in SHIRE OF DUNDAS
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the vicinity of Hyden-Norseman Road and Coolgardie-Esperance Highway in western parts of NORSEMAN in the SHIRE OF DUNDAS.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- Be careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the SHIRE OF DUNDAS.
For more information on park closures please visit https://alerts.dbca.wa.gov.au/
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 12:42 PM on 15 February 2019.
- Currently there has been 8,000 hectares burnt.
- Shire of DUNDAS is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.