The following alert has been issued by the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
This is a new alert
Time of issue: 09:44 AM
Date of issue: 17 April 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for the eastern part of Neale Junction Nature Reserve in the SHIRE OF LAVERTON
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on Anne Beadell Highway in Neale Junction Nature Reserve in the SHIRE OF LAVERTON.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near ANNE BEADELL HWY
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF LAVERTON.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 09:04 AM on 17 April 2019.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.