The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
This is a new alert
Time of issue: 08:29 PM
Date of issue: 21 October 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for Great Northern Highway, south of ORD RIVER in the SHIRE OF HALLS CREEK
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Great Northern Highway, approximately 100 kilometres north of Halls Creek, in the southern part of ORD RIVER in the SHIRE OF HALLS CREEK.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- There is some smoke in the area.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- The fire is burning in a westerly direction.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Halls Creek.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the fire remotely.
- The fire was reported at 07:37 PM on 21 October 2018.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.