The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note change under Extra Information
Time of issue: 10:29 AM
Date of issue: 17 January 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for south eastern part of BURAMINYA in SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near Wylie Scarp, 30 kilometres North of Israelite Bay in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a north westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
- Parmango Road is closed from the end of farming land to Eyre Highway.
- Wattle Camp Track and Cliffs Track are closed.
- Access tracks remain closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 04:27 PM on 13 January 2019.
- Currently there has been 12,000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.