The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Time of issue: 12:01 PM
Date of issue: 07 March 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for the southern part of MYRUP in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people travelling along or near the intersection of Fisheries Road and Merivale Road in MYRUP in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
- The bushfire that was burning in Myrup has been contained and is under control.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
- Drive slowly and with caution due to emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- The fire was reported at 09:00 AM on 7 March 2019.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.