The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note the alert level has been downgraded
Time of issue: 10:56 PM
Date of issue: 06 December 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for NAPIER in CITY OF ALBANY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in area south of Moorialup Road, east of Chester Pass Road, north of Booth Road and west of Deep Creek Road.
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as fire activity has reduced and weather activity is benign.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of PALMDALE RD and LAKE WARBURTON RD in PALMDALE.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a south easterly direction.
- It is uncontrolled and uncontained.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF ALBANY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are strengthening containment lines and actively fighting the fire.
- 35 Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
WA Police are also in attendance.
- The fire was reported at 06:48 PM on 6 December 2019.
- City of Albany is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.