The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under Alert Level and throughout
Time of issue: 09:55 AM
Date of issue: 20 January 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for Eyre Highway near FRASER RANGE in the SHIRE OF DUNDAS
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people travelling along Eyre Highway between FRASER RANGE and BALLADONIA in the SHIRE OF DUNDAS.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Dundas.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling and monitoring the area for the rest of the day.
- The fire was reported at 04:15 PM on 1 January 2019.
- Currently there has been 27,000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.