The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes throughout
Time of issue: 02:00 PM
Date of issue: 09 March 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for parts of HOWICK, BOYATUP and CAPE ARID NATIONAL PARK in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in HOWICK, the southern part of BOYATUP, and the south western part of CAPE ARID NATIONAL PARK in the SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
- The bushfire has been extinguished.
- Firefighters have left the scene safe.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
- Drive slowly and with caution
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
The following roads are closed for maintenance until at least 18 March 2019:
- Fisheries Road
- Baring Road
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Esperance.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 06:46 AM on 1 March 2019.
- Currently there has been 23,500 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.