The following alert has been issued by the Parks and Wildlife Service at the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions
Time of issue: 03:50 PM
Date of issue: 20 January 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for Pinjar Pine Plantation west of Old Yanchep Road in CITY OF WANNEROO
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in the vicinity of the Pinjar Motorcycle Area and surrounds, west of Old Yanchep Road and north of Wesco Road in the Pinjar Pine Plantation in CITY OF WANNEROO.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
- It is contained.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF WANNEROO.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- Multiple Parks and Wildlife Service, volunteer bushfire brigade and Forest Products Commission firefighters are attending.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- The fire was reported at 09:44 AM on 20 January 2019.
- Currently there has been 1.5 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is suspicious.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.