The following alert has been issued by Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA.
There is no change to the previous alert.
Time of issue: 02:23 PM
Date of issue: 12 March 2019
A Smoke Alert has been issued for Marble Bar Road north east of NEWMAN in the SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA
A Smoke Alert has been issued for people travelling on Marble Bar Road between the Opthalmia Dam turnoff and Kalgan's Pool turnoff, north east of NEWMAN in the SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA. Smoke from bushfire activity over the past few days has been carried by prevailing winds along Marble Bar Road and surrounding areas. The smoke is expected to clear later in the week.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
No roads are closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke. Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, follow DFES on Twitter (www.twitter.com/dfes_wa), Facebook (www.facebook.com/dfeswa), call 13 DFES (13 3337), listen to ABC Local Radio or news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.