The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Time of issue: 03:41 PM
Date of issue: 26 April 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for Lilac Hill in CAVERSHAM in CITY OF SWAN
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people near or around Lilac Hill in CAVERSHAM in the CITY OF SWAN.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of WEST SWAN RD and HAMERSLEY RD in CAVERSHAM.
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR CITY OF SWAN.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene.
- 40 Career Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
- The fire was reported at 02:20 PM on 26 April 2019.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.