The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes to Alert Level
Time of issue: 11:38 AM
Date of issue: 10 September 2018
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for Nullagine town site, Five Mile Camp and Millennium Mine in NULLAGINE in the SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in or near Skull Springs Road and Marble Bar Road including Nullagine town site, Five Mile Camp and Millennium Mine in NULLAGINE in the SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA.
- The bushfire is no longer impacting the community in this area.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of East Pilbara.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 09:20 AM on 5 September 2018 and currently there has been 20,000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.