The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 03:39 PM
Date of issue: 25 February 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for KALGAN'S POOL in the northern part of NEWMAN in SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people planning to visit KALGAN'S POOL north of NEWMAN in the SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started north of KALGAN'S POOL recreation area near Newman.
- This means people should not access Kalgan's Pool for the next 24 hours.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is moving slowly.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF EAST PILBARA.
The public have been advised not to access Three Pools and Eagle Rock recreation areas due to bushfire in the area.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 07:55 AM on 23 February 2019.
- Currently there has been 22,000 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- Shire of East Pilbara is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.