The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under What Firefighters are Doing, Road Closures and Extra Information sections
Time of issue: 03:53 PM
Date of issue: 03 January 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for VICTORIA ROCK in SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people on or near Great Eastern Highway between BOORABBIN NATIONAL PARK and COOLGARDIE, and Victoria Rock Road, approximately 50 kilometres south west of COOLGARDIE in the SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near Victoria Rock Road in the Shire of Coolgardie.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- The bushfire is stationary.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Victoria Rock Road between Coolgardie and the Hyden-Norseman Road
- Burra Rock Road between Coolgardie-Esperance Highway and Victoria Rock Road
- Holland Track
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Coolgardie.RECREATION SITE CLOSURES :
Parks and Wildlife Services have closed the following recreation sites:
- Cave Hill Conservation Park
- Burra Rock Conservation Park
- Victoria Rock Nature Reserve
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation remotely.
- The fire was reported at 09:43 AM on 26 December 2018.
- Currently there has been 12,700 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- Shire of Coolgardie is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.