The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note changes under bushfire behaviour, what fire fighters are doing, road closure sections, and extra information
Time of issue: 05:57 AM
Date of issue: 16 February 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for eastern part of BULLSBROOK in CITY OF SWAN.
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people living in the area bounded by Quin Road, Burley Road, Smith Road and Dirk Road in the eastern part of BULLSBROOK in the CITY OF SWAN.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of SMITH RD and JESS RD in BULLSBROOK.
- The fire is stationary
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
Smith Road in Bullsbrook
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the CITY OF SWAN.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- 20 Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- The cause of the fire is a traffic incident.
- City of Swan is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 11am today unless the situation changes.