The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note change to alert level
Time of issue: 07:37 PM
Date of issue: 03 March 2018
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for parts of KELMSCOTT in CITY OF ARMADALE
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people bounded by Gilwell Avenue in the north, Clifton Street in the east, Orlando Street/Canning Mills Road to the south and River Road/Fancote Street/Page Road to the west, in Kelmscott.
- The bushfire that was burning in Kelmscott has been extinguished.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the CITY OF ARMADALE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- 20 career, Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 04:12 PM on 3 March 2018.
- The cause of the fire is suspicious/deliberately lit.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.