The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Please note Condingup Primary School will be closed tomorrow. Due to forecast hot weather, fire conditions are expected to worsen throughout the day.
Time of issue: 12:12 PM
Date of issue: 28 February 2019
Bushfire ADVICE for Parmango Road in BURAMINYA in SHIRE OF ESPERANCE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the vicinity of Parmango Road and Fisheries Road in BURAMINYA in SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire is burning on both sides of Parmango Road and is impacting the road.
- Burning operations to contain the fire will likely result in an increase in smoke over the area.
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
- Parmango/Balladonia Road is closed from the end of farming land to Eyre Highway (no through access).
- Telegraph Track from Norseman to Balladonia.
- Fisheries Road from the intersection of Henkes Road.
- Fisheries Road is open to local traffic only from the Coolinup Road intersection.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Esperance.SCHOOLS:
The Department of Education has advised the following school is closed today (Thursday 28 February) and tomorrow (Friday 1 March):
- Condingup Primary School
Cape Arid National Park has been closed, including the Thomas River Campsite
Other closures in Shire of Esperance:
- Peak Charles National Park
- Frank Hann National Park
- Dundas Nature Reserve
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are strengthening containment lines.
- firefighters are attending.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
Local farmers are also in attendance
- The fire was reported at 11:30 AM on 13 January 2019.
- Currently there has been 102,000 hectares burnt.
- ABC local frequencies that can be heard in the Esperance area and surrounds: 837 AM (Esperance), 105.3 FM (Hopetoun), 105.9 FM (Ravensthorpe)..
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.