The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Time of issue: 03:55 PM
Date of issue: 08 December 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for eastern part of KONDININ in SHIRE OF KONDININ
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people travelling on and bounded by Notting-Karlgarin Road to the north, Karlgarin Hill Road North to the east, Kondinin-Hyden Road to the south and Kondinin-Narembeen Road to the west.
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day/night.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
- It is contained and under control.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF KONDININ.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The fire was reported at 11:24 AM on 7 December 2019.
- Shire of Kondinin is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio, 6PR, or news bulletins.
During a power outage, your home phone, computer or other electronic devices connected to the NBN will not work. Include a battery powered radio in your emergency kit.
No further updates will be issued.