The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
Time of issue: 03:22 PM
Date of issue: 22 March 2019
Bushfire ALL CLEAR for southern parts of BAILUP in the SHIRE OF MUNDARING
An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people in the vicinity of Burma Road and Bailup Road in southern parts of BAILUP in the SHIRE OF MUNDARING.
- The bushfire that was burning in Bailup has been extinguished.
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
All roads are now open.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR calling the SHIRE OF MUNDARING.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area..
- The fire was reported at 02:59 PM on 21 March 2019.
- Currently there has been 5 hectares burnt.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
- Shire of Mundaring is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
No further updates will be issued.