The following alert has been issued by Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA.
There is no change to the previous alert.
Time of issue: 10:47 AM
Date of issue: 05 July 2018
A Smoke Alert has been issued for people travelling on Broome-Cape Leveque Road between Beagle Bay Road and One Arm Point Road on the Dampier Peninsula in the SHIRE OF BROOME
A Smoke Alert has been issued for people travelling on the Broome-Cape Leveque Road between Beagle Bay Road and One Arm Point Road in the SHIRE OF BROOME. Prescribed burning actvities are being conducted in the area by the Kimberley Land Council and smoke may impact the road.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke. Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, follow DFES on Twitter (www.twitter.com/dfes_wa), Facebook (www.facebook.com/dfeswa), call 13 DFES (13 3337), listen to ABC Local Radio or news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.