The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 01:27 PM
Date of issue: 15 November 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for Gibb River Road on Kimberley Downs Station and Napier Downs Station in MOUNT HARDMAN in the SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the vicinity of Gibb River Road on Kimberley Downs Station and Napier Downs Stations in MOUNT HARDMAN in the SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of Gibb River Road and Kimberley Downs Road in Mount Hardman.
- The fire is burning south of Gibb River Road.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is stationary.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Derby-West Kimberley.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are working with pastoralists from Napier Downs and Kimberley Downs to monitor the area.
- The fire was reported at 02:49 PM on 10 November 2018.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.