The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services WA.
Time of issue: 11:49 AM
Date of issue: 14 July 2019
Structure Fire Advice for WILYABRUP in the CITY OF BUSSELTON
A Structure Fire Advice is current for people in WILYABRUP in the CITY OF BUSSELTON.
There is a shed fire on Caves Road, near the intersection of Moses Rock Road, in Wilyabrup in the
City of Busselton. A structure fire in a shed is resulting in potentially dangerous smoke.
People in a 1 kilometre radius of Caves Road and Moses Rock Road may be impacted by smoke or fumes.
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People are strongly advise to stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
- There may be some roads closed.
- Road information may also be avaliable by calling Main Roads WA on 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or City of South Perth.
- Firefighters are on scene
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be issued when the situation changes