The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 11:09 AM
Date of issue: 13 November 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for Camballin Road and Great Northern Highway in CAMBALLIN in SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on Camballin Road and Great Northern Highway in CAMBALLIN in SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire is burning on Liveringa Station.
- The fire is burning on both sides of Great Northern Highway and immediately to the east of Camballin Road.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a southerly direction.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists should exercise caution on Camballin Road and Great Northern Highway between Camballin Road and the Blina Station turnoff.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the SHIRE OF DERBY-WEST KIMBERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the fire. Liveringa pastoralists and Aboriginal rangers are conducting backburning activities.
- The fire was reported at 03:34 PM on 9 November 2018.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update will be provided by 4pm today unless the situation changes.