The following alert has been issued by the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES)
There is no change to the previous alert
Time of issue: 03:57 PM
Date of issue: 13 July 2018
Bushfire ADVICE for Broome-Cape Leveque Road on the DAMPIER PENINSULA in SHIRE OF BROOME
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling on Broome-Cape Leveque Road, between Beagle Bay Road and One Arm Point Road on the DAMPIER PENINSULA in the SHIRE OF BROOME.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- There are a series of fires burning in the area however the main fire is approximately 10 kilometres north east of Beagle Bay.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
There is smoke travelling across Cape Leveque Road, please drive with caution.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the SHIRE OF BROOME.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation remotely.
- The fire was reported at 03:24 PM on 9 July 2018.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
More information will be released when known unless the situation changes.